Lose Weight: The Shed Stubborn Pounds Diet Plan
- Breakfast in a Mug: Blend 2/3 cup whole-grain flake cereal, 1/2 cup nonfat milk, 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt, 1 small banana, 2 tablespoons maple syrup, and 1/2 teaspoon maple extract until smooth.
- 2 small unsalted bread sticks
- 1 apple, seeded and cut into quarters and dipped in 2 tablespoons caramel sundae topping
- Spicy Shrimp Skewers: Mix 1 tablespoon chili sauce and 1 teaspoon chili powder in a bowl. Add 3 ounces large shrimp; coat with sauce. Thread onto skewers along with chunks of red onion, sliced zucchini, and mushrooms. Place on heated grill or grill pan until cooked through, turning occasionally so they don't burn, approximately 10 to 12 minutes total.
- Vegetable and Rice Salad: Combine 1 cup cooked brown rice (from Wednesday), 1/4 cup diced yellow peppers, 2 tablespoons diced green onion, and 5 cherry tomatoes, halved. Mix with 2 teaspoons olive oil, 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar, and 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley.
- Almond Milk: In a blender, puree 1 cup nonfat milk, 1 teaspoon almond extract, nutmeg, and ice until frothy.
- 1 slice angel food cake topped with 1 cup peaches mixed with 5 teaspoons sugar and 1/2 teaspoon rum or brandy extract
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)