Feel Stronger and More Energized Workout Plan: Weeks 5-8
Pages in this Story:
Your Cardio Plan
Blast mega fat and develop serious stamina with this intensive cardio plan. Choose any aerobic activity (we've used a treadmill), following your rate of perceived exertion (RPE), or how difficult the exercise feels on a scale of 1 to 10.Cardio Workout 2: Intervals
- Warm up for 5 minutes at 3.5 mph (RPE 3-4).
- Sprint for 2 minutes (6.5-8.5 mph) or walk on an incline (4.0-4.5 mph; 5% incline) (RPE 7-8).
- Recover 2 minutes, 3.7-4.0 mph; 0% (RPE 4-5).
- Do 6 intervals total, sprinting for 2 minutes and recovering for 2 minutes.
- Cool down for 5 minutes at 3.3 mph (RPE 3-4).
Total time: 34 minutes
Originally published in FITNESS magazine, October 2006.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)