Targets: Abs, obliques, and legs
- Lie faceup on floor with legs together, knees bent 90 degrees and aligned directly over hips, shins parallel to floor; rest a single dumbbell horizontally across ankles so that it is steady.
- Place arms by sides, hands below butt, and lift head and shoulders off floor. MAKE IT EASIER: Do move without dumbbell.
- Keeping head and shoulders lifted throughout, slowly extend legs in front of you, lowering them toward floor without touching heels down; bend knees to return to tabletop position.
- Do 2 to 3 sets of 10 reps.
- Trainer's tip: Don't overly flex feet during this move. The key to preventing the dumbbell from rolling forward or off to the side is to keep shins parallel to floor as you lower and lift legs.