6 Stretches for a Lean, Limber Body
5. Split Squat
- Stand with feet hip-width apart.
- Step right foot about 12 inches in front.
- Curl toes of your left leg under; keep weight equal between both feet. Interlace fingers, placing hands under ribs; press shoulders down away from ears.
- Tighten the muscles of your pelvic floor; tuck your pelvis under and squeeze glutes.
- Slowly bend both knees, coming down in 3 counts; feel the stretch along the left quad.
- Press into floor to rise back to start in 3 counts.
- Do 5 reps; switch legs and repeat.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)