The Pilates, Yoga, and Tai Chi Energy-Boosting Workout
Circuit 11. Camel
Strengthens: Shoulders; Stretches Front of Body
- Kneel on floor with feet behind you, legs slightly apart.
- Stretch your hips and thighs forward while reaching back, placing your hands on your lower back (easier) or heels (more challenging).
- Gaze up toward ceiling while pushing your hips forward and arching spine; hold for 7 to 10 breaths.
- Release from Camel and return to start.
- Inhale, then exhale while leaning back from hips, this time without bending spine, so your body forms a straight line from ears to knees.
- Place hands on hips (easier) or extend arms in front at shoulder height (more challenging).
- Come back to start, then repeat. Do 7 to 10 reps.
Strengthens: Legs, Glutes, Hips; Stretches Back
- From thigh stretch, bring left foot in front of you, left knee bent 90 degrees.
- Lift right knee off the floor, straightening leg behind you.
- Sweep arms out as you rise; then lower arms as you sink back down.
- Do 4 reps; switch sides and repeat.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)