Sleeker Thighs in One Month
1. Roundhouse Kick/Squat
Forget complex weight machines and endless leg lifts. To sculpt sleek, sexy thighs, you need to move in a new direction, says Violet Zaki, group fitness instructor at Equinox Fitness Club in New York City. Explosive, multidimensional exercises target your inner and outer thighs, quads, and hamstrings in one dynamic shot. Zaki's workout is a fusion of martial arts, yoga, dance, and strength training that can be done anywhere -- no equipment required! These moves demand focus and balance, engaging your core as well as your thighs.
Do this routine three or four times a week (12 to 15 reps and two or three sets per exercise, except where indicated) and you'll see stronger, slimmer thighs in four weeks. Now that's a kick.
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, knees soft.
- Hold fists under chin, palms in and elbows near rib cage, shoulders relaxed.
- Pivot 45 degrees to the right.
- Extend left leg out to side, pointing toes to the floor.
- Do a roundhouse kick: Lift left knee as high as you comfortably can, turning outer thigh to face ceiling.
- Extend leg, then retract it, keeping toes pointed.
- Lower leg and pivot back to start, so toes point forward.
- Squat down, keeping knees aligned with ankles.
- Switch legs and repeat.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)