Get a Body Like Jessica Simpson's with This Workout
You don't have to be a fan of Jessica Simpson's acting or singing to admit that she looked amazing in those Daisy Dukes for Dukes of Hazzard. Jessica Simpson's trainer, and creator of the 5-Factor Plan, Harley Pasternak, shared with us how Jessica Simpson got lean legs and a toned body while keeping her curves.
Harley Pasternak gave us this workout plan that you can follow so you can get a body like Jessica Simpson's. Do this strength and cardio workout five times a week.
Try this for sexy legs...
Do at least 30 minutes of heart-healthy cardio five times a week, says Pasternak. Try cycling, running, in-line skating, and stair climbing, which all have thigh- and calf-sculpting payoffs.
Then sculpt your hamstrings...
- Lie faceup on floor with arms at sides, palms down, and calves on top of a stability ball.
- Engage abs and roll ball toward body with heels, lifting hips.
- Once heels are on top of ball, slowly roll back to start, lowering body to floor.
- Do 20 reps; 3 sets.
Do this for a bootylicious butt...
Cardio: Add some hills to your usual power walk, suggests Pasternak. "Incline walking activates your glutes and hamstrings, plus it's easy on the knees," he says. On a treadmill, set the incline to level 8, and walk at a pace of at least 3.5 mph for 30 minutes. Also try hiking, mountain biking, and climbing stairs.
Killer Butt-Sculpting Exercise
Targets: Hip flexors, glutes, hamstrings, quads, and area just above the knee
- Stand on left leg, 2 to 3 feet in front of chair, with right foot on seat behind you, leaving slight bend in right knee.
- Keeping hands by chin and chest up, bend left knee 90 degrees as right knee inches toward floor. Make sure left knee doesn't just past toes.
- Hold for 1 count. Return to start. Do 10 reps. Switch sides and repeat. Do 3 sets per side.
Tips and Tricks to Look Like Jessica Simpson
Tips and Tricks for Long, Lean Legs
Fake It: Long Legs
"Make legs look longer with pants that have a straight, narrow cut," says celebrity fashion stylist Gina La Morte, founder of TheStyleDoctor.com. "Shoes with peekaboo toes also extend the leg line, as do skirts that hit two inches above the knee."
Fake a Better Butt
"If you're extra curvy, minimize the size of your rear with pants or shorts that have longer, lower pockets," La Morte says. "If you've got a flat butt, create an instant boost with smaller, higher pockets."
Originally published on FitnessMagazine.com, January 2009.