Transform Your Trouble Zones
Pages in this Story:
- Double-Duty Exercises
- 1. One-Two Punch with Lunge Kick
- 2. Ab Crunch with Inner-Thigh Squeeze
- 3. Curtsy Lunge with Front Raise
- 4. Plie Squat and Calf Raise with Biceps Curl
- 5. Wall Squat with Shoulder Press
- 6. Single-Arm Row and Reverse Kickback with Lunge Hold
- 7. Standing Side Leg/Arm Raise
- 8. Ball Crunch with Chest Press
- Your 10-Minute Cardio Plan
7. Standing Side Leg/Arm Raise
- Stand behind a chair or low wall with knees slightly bent. (To increase difficulty, tie a resistance band around ankles; not shown.)
- Grasp back of chair or wall with right hand, holding dumbbell in your left hand with palm in.
- Bend right knee slightly and lift left leg out to side as high as you can while keeping hips facing forward.
- At the same time, lift left arm to side to shoulder level, keeping elbow slightly bent.
- Lower arm and leg and return to start.
- Do all reps; switch sides and repeat.
Beginners: 12-15 reps
Intermediate/Advanced: 16-18 reps
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)