So Long, Job Fat!
The Moves1. Spine Twist
- Sit on chair, feet flat on floor. Extend arms overhead with palms facing in, shoulders down.
- Exhale and twist upper body to right; at the same time, press arms out to sides at shoulder height. Inhale. Return to start.
- Switch sides; repeat. Do 20 reps, alternating sides.
- Stand in front of chair with feet hip-width apart, arms down by sides.
- Sit back into hips and squat, keeping knees behind toes and back straight, until butt is about 1 inch from the seat.
- Reach arms up and forward diagonally so there's a straight line from butt to fingertips. Hold for 20 seconds.
- Return to start. Do 20 reps.
Targets arms and core
- Sit on edge of chair with hands against back of seat. Walk feet forward, away from chair, until legs are straight.
- Keeping back straight, legs together and abs engaged, push into palms and lift body into reverse plank, forming a diagonal line from head to toes.
- Exhale; lower hips, bending elbows, to 1 inch above seat. Inhale; press hips up. Do 20 reps.
Targets shoulders, arms, core, back, and legs
- Stand to left of chair and place right hand on top edge.
- Keeping back straight and abs engaged, hinge from waist, extending left arm in front of you and left leg behind you, pointing toes, until body is parallel to floor. Hold for 1 count.
- Lower. Do 12 reps.
- Switch sides; repeat.
Targets shoulders, chest, core, and lower back
- Stand facing a wall (a couple of feet away) with feet shoulder-width apart. Extend right arm at shoulder height in front of you and place palm on wall. Lift left leg behind you, about 6 inches off floor, foot flexed.
- Keeping back straight, bend right elbow as you lean body in toward wall. Press into palm to return to start, then quickly switch sides so that left palm is on wall, right leg extended behind you.
- Continue alternating sides for 1 minute.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.