9 New Butt Boosters
Beginner Exercises1. Basic Bridge
- Lie back, knees bent, feet on the floor hip-width apart, arms extended at sides with palms facing down.
- Lift your hips toward the ceiling, pressing into your heels (but don't squeeze your glutes).
- Hold for 10 deep breaths, then slowly lower your hips to the floor.
- Repeat 5 times.
- Get on your hands and knees, with wrists aligned under shoulders and knees under hips.
- Drawing your abs in, lift your left leg parallel to the floor, with knee bent, foot flexed.
- Return to starting position and repeat 15 to 20 times.
- Switch sides.
Target: Glutes, hamstrings
- Lie facedown over a bench or padded stool, with your legs hanging off the edge.
- Engage your abs and lift both legs to hip height.
- Hold for 5 counts, then lower slowly.
- Repeat 10 to 15 times.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)