Targets: Shoulders, back, abs, and butt
- Stand on a low step with feet together, hands at sides, a dumbbell in each hand. (No step? Perform move on ground.)
- Hinge forward at hips and simultaneously lift right leg straight back, squeezing glutes, as you raise extended arms in front of you until body from hands to right heel is parallel to ground. Make it easier: Keep knuckles on hips and elbows bent out to sides throughout or go without dumbbells.
- Hold 1 to 2 counts, then lower arms and right leg without touching right foot down on step.
- Keeping hips squared to front, hinge forward and lift right leg out to right side as you raise arms out to sides at shoulder level so they form a T and torso is parallel to ground. Lower arms and leg to complete 1 rep.
- Do 5 to 10 reps without touching right foot down. Switch legs; repeat.
Trainer's Tip: As you get fitter, try doing 15 reps of each of these moves. Do only as many as you can while maintaining good form.