Get It Now: Toned Arms and Shoulders
6-Minute Butt and Thigh Booster
Target your lower body with this quickie workout. "Since the muscles of the lower body tend to be stronger, use thicker or heavier resistance bands," says physical therapist Todd Ellenbecker.Minute 0:00-1:00 Band Bridge
- Lie on back with middle of band stretched around waist and crossed behind you under lower back, knees bent and feet on floor.
- Grasp each end of band with hands aligned under shoulders (fingers pointing toward butt).
- Lift hips, bringing thighs parallel to floor and abs tight; gaze straight ahead.
- Continuing pressing hips up, working against band's resistance, for 60 seconds.
- Stand in a half squat and loop the band around backs of thighs (near your butt), wrapping an end around each hand with feet hip-width apart, arms at sides.
- To increase the challenge, keep knees and feet together.
- Once you're crouching as low as you comfortably can, with body weight back in your heels, extend arms forward, palms down.
- Breathe deeply; hold for 60 seconds.
- Stand with the middle of the band under your right foot, right knee slightly bent, and lift left foot behind you.
- Hold one end of band in each hand at hip level.
- Slowly bend and straighten right knee 3 to 4 inches for 1 minute, keeping knee aligned with second toe, weight balanced over heel.
- Maintain tension in band throughout.
- Repeat for 1 minute; switch legs.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.