Chair and Dumbbell Workout: Advanced
Standing Overhead Dumbbell PressPositioning
- Stand nice and tall with your feet firmly planted on the floor.
- Activate your supercenter and keep your chest lifted.
- Look straight ahead to slightly upward.
- Begin with your elbows bent, holding them to the side and slightly in front of your shoulders.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand.
- Maintain perfect posture and spinal alignment and a comfortable range of motion for your shoulder joints.
- Keeping your elbows to the side and slightly in front of you, extend your arms fully over your head, as shown.
- Lower the dumbbells slowly to original position and repeat.
- Continue this exercise for the recommended number of repetitions.
Tip: If the above exercise presents pain or discomfort in your back, neck, or shoulder area, you may substitute the Standing Dumbbell Lateral Raise, next page.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)