Individually, these biceps, triceps, and shoulder toners will amp up your regular workout. Done in a sequence a couple times a week, they'll make you consider a barbed wire tattoo -- or at least more cap-sleeved T's.
The gold standard of biceps workouts in my book. Even when I'm only lifting 5 pounds, I feel like a super-jock by the sixth rep.
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart. Hold a 5-pound dumbbell in each hand in front of your hips, palms facing out.
- To begin, bend your left arm 90 degrees so your left arm is parallel to the floor.
- Curl your right hand toward your shoulder. Then lower it back down to the start position while keeping your left arm in place.
- Do 8 curls with your right arm, keeping both elbows close to your ribs.
- Switch sides, doing 8 curls with your left arm.
- Once you've done both sides, curl both arms simultaneously toward your chest and then bring back toward start position. Do 8 reps of this double curl.