Plank Arm Row and Rotate
What you'll need: a mat
- Start on floor in full push-up position, balancing on hands and toes, body forming a straight line from head to heels. Move feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Keeping hips level, lift left hand off floor and bend left elbow behind you to bring hand next to shoulder.
- Return to start.
- Repeat, this time rotating torso to right so that left elbow points up (as shown). Return to start to complete 1 rep.
- Do 2 sets of 10 reps, alternating sides.
Targets: Shoulders, back, chest, triceps, biceps, and abs
- Start in full push-up position, balancing on hands and toes. MAKE IT EASIER: Keep both knees on floor.
- Bend right knee 90 degrees so that toes point up.
- Bend elbows directly behind you, keeping arms close to body, and lowering only a few inches toward floor. Press back up.
- Do 8 to 10 reps. Switch legs and repeat to complete 1 set.
- Do 2 sets.
Targets: Shoulders, upper and middle back, and abs
- Start on floor in plank position, balancing on forearms and toes, elbows directly under shoulders. Clasp hands together.
- Press through toes to move body forward, bending elbows until face is almost touching floor. MAKE IT EASIER: Move only 1 inch forward.
- Press backward with shoulders (not from hips) to return to start position.
- Do 2 sets of 8 to 10 reps.