Squat Thrust with Twist
I avoided this move at first because I thought it had "wrenched back" written all over it. But after doing slooowly at first and testing where the back tweaking would begin, I found the threshold between "yikes" and "yes!"
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and extend your arms in front of you at shoulder height.
- Begin by squatting down, bending your knees 90 degrees, and twisting your upper body to the left.
- Now come up and repeat the exercise to the right.
- Keep your weight in your heels and don't allow your knees to jut forward away from your toes.
- Keep your knees facing forward as your chest and shoulders move side to side.
- For the best results, bend your knees as close to 90 degrees as possible.