Move of the Month: Strengthen Your Abs with Balance
- Stand with feet together about a foot behind a stability ball.
- Bend from the hips, placing hands on ball.
- Keeping torso extended and abs and glutes tight, raise left leg behind you until it's parallel to the floor.
- Keep your foot flexed and your inner thigh facing the floor.
- Rotate your torso to the left and extend left arm overhead.
- Turn head to gaze at left hand.
- Hold for 3 counts.
- Lower and return to starting position.
- Repeat on opposite leg.
Originally published in Fitness magazine, May 2005.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)