Move of the Month: Strengthen Your Abs with Balance
This ball move sculpts your abs as it perfects your balance, says Robert Sherman, owner of F.I.T., a personal-training studio in Bethesda, Maryland. Work up to three sets.
- Stand with feet together about a foot behind a stability ball.
- Bend from the hips, placing hands on ball.
- Keeping torso extended and abs and glutes tight, raise left leg behind you until it's parallel to the floor.
- Keep your foot flexed and your inner thigh facing the floor.
- Rotate your torso to the left and extend left arm overhead.
- Turn head to gaze at left hand.
- Hold for 3 counts.
- Lower and return to starting position.
- Repeat on opposite leg.
Originally published in Fitness magazine, May 2005.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.