How It Works
To summer-ize your waistline in record time, take this around-the-globe tour of the top tummy toners. Do two sets of each move, completing all 10 in any order to target your abs from every angle. (Or pick a few to add middle-whittling power to your regular routine.) All you'll need is a single two-pound dumbbell and a resistance band — and a credit card for that dream bikini you'll be wearing all summer!
Trainer: Anna-Rita Sloss, creator of the Hot Hula class at 24 Hour Fitness
Targets: Ab and obliques
Trainer: Paul Frediani, author of PowerSculpt for Women
Targets: Shoulders, abs, and obliques
- Sit on floor with knees bent and feet flat, holding ends of resistance band (or a towel) with both hands in front of chest, arms extended and slightly wider than shoulder-width apart.
- Lean torso back 45 degrees and lift bent legs until shins are parallel to floor.
- MAKE IT EASIER: Keep feet on floor.
Trainer: Leandro Carvalho
Targets: Abs and obliques
Flying Side Crunch
Trainer: Viveca Jensen, creator of Piloxing and owner of V Pilates studio in Los Angeles
Targets: Abs, obliques, and butt
Trainer: Paul Frediani
- Tie one end of resistance band to a secure post 2 feet overhead. (Or attach it to a doorknob and perform move kneeling on floor.)
- Facing post, stand tall with feet hip-width apart and grasp other end of band in left hand, right hand on top. Step backward until band has no slack and hands are at eye level.
Trainer: Melanie Rojas-Guzman, certified Zumba education specialist
Targets: Abs, obliques, butt, and legs
Trainer: Dara Torres, Olympic swimming star and author of the new workout book Gold Medal Fitness
- Stand with feet hip-width apart, holding a single dumbbell with both hands in front of hips.
- MAKE IT EASIER: Do move while seated.
- Squat, bringing dumbbell by outside of right hip.
Belly Dance Playlist