10 Ways to Lose 10 Pounds
The "Eat More" WayYou can have as much as 30 to 35 grams of fiber every day.
Why try it: You won't feel hungry. "Fiber is the indigestible component of whole grains, fruits, nuts, beans, and vegetables," explains Tanya Zuckerbrot, RD, author of The F-Factor Diet. "Because you can't digest the fiber, it will fill you up on its bulk with no calories."Action Plan
Keep total calories to 1,400 to 1,600, and get 35 grams of fiber a day from such foods as:
- Gnu Foods flavor & fiber bar: 12g fiber, 130 calories, 3g fat
- Fiber One cereal (1/2 cup): 14g fiber, 60 calories, 1g fat
- Chickpeas (1/2 cup): 5g fiber, 143 calories, 1g fat
- Pear (one medium): 4g fiber, 51 calories, 0g fat
- Raspberries (1/2 cup): 4g fiber, 32 calories, 1g fat
- Baked potato (one small, with skin): 3g fiber, 134 calories, 0g fat
- Whole-grain bread (one slice): 2g fiber, 69 calories, 1g fat
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)