Tuna Noodle Casserole: A Healthier Recipe
Pages in this Story:
- Bite It: Homemade Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Fight It: Average Tuna Noodle Casserole
Bite It: Homemade Tuna Noodle Casserole
You're probably thinking it's next to impossible to partake in the joys of tuna noodle casserole without ingesting too many calories and fat grams. Fortunately, you're wrong. Thanks to the miraculous Shirataki Noodles that never cease to amaze us, you can whip up a snazzy, noodlicious casserole in no time. And it'll taste just as good as (if not better than) any other you've had. Don't believe us? Try it and see.Ingredients
- 3 packages House Foods Tofu Shirataki Noodles, Fettuccine Shape
- 1 packet of tuna (7 oz.) packed in water
- 1 10.75-oz. can 98 Percent Fat Free Campbell's Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 wedge Laughing Cow Light cheese, Original Swiss
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 tbsp. reduced-fat parmesan cheese
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder and *cayenne pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Rinse and drain noodles well. Cut noodles (so they're not completely unwieldy). Microwave noodles for one minute and pat dry. Melt Laughing Cow Light cheese wedge into noodles, microwaving again for 20 seconds if necessary. Mix cheese wedge thoroughly into noodles. Add tuna and peas and stir well. Put noodle/cheese mixture into a casserole dish. Add your can of soup and one tbsp. of parmesan and mix well. Season to taste. Top with remaining two tbsp. of parmesan and bake in your preheated 375-degree oven for 20-25 minutes. Enjoy. Serves 4.
*Use cayenne only if you like foods with a spicy kick!
Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
* 3 Points
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.