10 Easy, Healthy Recipes -- Only 10 Ingredients Needed!
Pages in this Story:
- Ingredients List
- Cheddar-Spinach Quesadillas
- Chicken and Potato Hash with Fried Eggs
- Deviled Eggs with Hummus
- Sauteed Broccoli and Spinach
- Seared Salmon with Cherry Tomato Sauce
- Broccoli and Cheddar Soup
- Salmon and Spinach Salad with Hard-Boiled Egg
- Sauteed Broccoli with Poached Eggs
- Hummus, Spinach, and Tomato Wrap
- Chicken, Spinach, and Cherry Tomato Salad
Sauteed Broccoli with Poached Eggs
Makes: 2 servings
4 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
2 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
3 cups broccoli florets
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus additional
Freshly ground black pepper
- Crack each egg into a custard cup or small bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, bring 4 cups water to a boil.
- Add the lemon juice, followed by the eggs, then remove the pot from the heat and cover.
- Let stand for 7 to 10 minutes, depending on how you like your eggs.
- Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the broccoli, salt, and pepper, to taste.
- Cook, tossing occasionally, until tender, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Divide the broccoli between two serving plates.
- Top each plate with 2 poached eggs.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper.
Nutrition facts per serving: 332 calories, 16g protein, 7g carbohydrate, 28g fat (6g saturated), 3g fiber
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.