Easy, Healthy Recipes from The 5-Factor Diet
SalmonSalmon with Cucumber-Dill Salad
Makes: 2 servings5 Core Ingredients
- 9 ounces salmon steak
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup thinly sliced, peeled cucumber
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Cooking oil spray
- Cut the salmon steak into two portions and season with lemon pepper, paprika, and salt. Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat the skillet. Place the salmon steaks in the skillet, skin sides up. Sear for 1 minute, then turn and cook until the salmon flakes when tested with a fork.
- Microwave the sweet potatoes for 3 1/2 minutes each or until tender. Peel and slice into thick rounds. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the sour cream, dill, salt, and pepper. Stir in the cucumber slices.
- To serve: Spoon the cucumber mixture over the salmon. Serve with sweet potato rounds.
Nutrition facts per serving: 410 calories, 32g protein, 49g carbohydrate, 9g fat (1g saturated), 5g fiber.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.