Easy, Healthy Recipes from The 5-Factor Diet
Makes: 2 servings5 Core Ingredients
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups canned stewed tomatoes
- 1 1/3 cups thinly sliced button mushrooms
- 1 1/3 cups cooked cannellini beans
- 1 cup diced smoked turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar substitute
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- In a saucepan combine the chicken broth, stewed tomatoes, sliced mushrooms, cannellini beans, turkey breast, basil, sugar substitute, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil. Lower the temperature and simmer about 15 minutes or until the soup is reduced to half its volume.
- To serve: Ladle into soup bowls and serve immediately.
Nutrition facts per serving: 392 calories, 36g protein, 56g carbohydrate, 6g fat (2.1g saturated), 11g fiber.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)