Easy, Healthy Recipes from The 5-Factor Diet
Makes: 2 servings5 Core Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups egg whites
- 1/4 cup nonfat cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 4 leaves fresh basil, finely chopped
- 4 slices whole-grain bread, toasted
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Cooking oil spray
- Whisk together the egg whites, cream cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat the skillet. Add the egg white mixture and cook until it begins to set. Immediately add the sun-dried tomatoes and basil leaves. Cover and cook about 2 minutes or until the eggs are completely set.
- To serve: Slide the frittata onto a cutting board and cut into four wedges. Serve two wedges and two slices of toast on each plate. Garnish with pepper and additional fresh basil.
Nutrition facts per serving: 353 calories, 35g protein, 55g carbohydrate, 4g fat (0.4g saturated), 9g fiber.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)