Easy, Healthy Recipes from The 5-Factor Diet
Sea ScallopsSeared Scallops with Orange Sauce and Broccoli-Cauliflower Saute
Makes: 2 servings5 Core Ingredients
- 10 ounces large scallops
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 1 pound cauliflower florets
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat the skillet. Add the scallops and season with the curry powder, salt, and pepper. Cook until scallops are golden brown.
- Add the broccoli, cauliflower, and orange juice. Cook until the broccoli is bright green and tender to the fork.
- To serve: Spoon the scallops and vegetables into shallow bowls. Drizzle with the orange sauce.
Nutrition facts per serving: 307 calories, 36g protein, 40g carbohydrate, 3g fat (0.3g saturated), 13g fiber.
Originally published in The 5-Factor Diet, Meredith Books.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)