Easy, Healthy Recipes from The 5-Factor Diet
Makes: 2 servings5 Core Ingredients
- 1 1/4 cups egg whites
- 3 cups broccoli florets, coarsely chopped (NOTE: You can use any green vegetable in your refrigerator in place of the broccoli)
- 1/4 cup shredded nonfat cheddar cheese
- 4 slices whole-grain bread, toasted
- 1 teaspoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- Salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- Cooking oil spray
- Whisk together the egg whites, Mrs. Dash, salt, and pepper.
- Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat the skillet. Add the broccoli florets and cook and stir until they are bright green.
- Add the egg whites and cook while gently pushing them to the center with a rubber spatula. When the egg mixture begins to set on the bottom, turn it over.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cover the pan. Cook for 30 seconds or until the cheese begins to melt.
- To serve: Slide the omelet onto a plate and fold in half. Cut in half and serve with toast.
Nutrition facts per serving: 298 calories, 31g protein, 47g carbohydrate, 3g fat (0.1g saturated), 10g fiber.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.