Chicken Again? Yes!
Chicken and Penne with Basil Sauce
If fresh basil is unavailable, use another fresh herb instead, such as thyme or sage.
Start to finish: 25 minutes Makes: 4 servingsIngredients
- 1 1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups packaged dried penne
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking oil spray
- 1 medium red sweet pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium yellow or green sweet pepper, cut into thin strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded
- Parmesan cheese
- Stir together chicken broth, cornstarch, and black pepper. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting oil and salt. Drain. Cover; set aside and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, rinse chicken; pat dry. Cut into 1-inch cubes; set aside. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add peppers and garlic; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes, or until crisp-tender; remove. Add oil to skillet; increase heat to medium high. Add chicken; stir-fry for 4 minutes, or until tender and no longer pink.
- Stir broth mixture; add to skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Return peppers and garlic to skillet; add basil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Toss with pasta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Garnish with additional fresh basil.
Per serving: 330 calories, 24g protein, 39g carbohydrate, 8g fat (1g saturated), 1g fiber
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)