The Healthy Heart Cookbook
Pages in this Story:
- Take This to Heart
- Salmon Cakes with Creamy Ginger-Sesame Sauce
- Succotash with Scallops
- Orange-Pistachio Wild-Rice Salad
- Spiced Red Wine-Poached Pears
- Curried Butternut Squash Soup
- Pasta with Escarole, White Beans, and Sausage
- Confetti Chili
- Waldorf Chicken Wraps
- Asian-Style Three Bean Salad
- Broccoli with Toasted Garlic
- Ellie's 5 Key Ingredients for Heart-Healthy Meals
Broccoli with Toasted Garlic
Makes: 4 servingsIngredients
- 1 pound broccoli, washed and cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place broccoli in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and microwave for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and add garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until garlic is golden brown, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a small dish.
- Remove broccoli from microwave; carefully uncover. Pat dry, add to skillet, and saute over medium heat for 3 minutes. Sprinkle with toasted garlic; season with salt and pepper.
Per serving: 65 calories, 4g protein, 7g carbohydrate, 4g fat (1g saturated), 3 g fiber
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.