Padma Dishes It Out
Padma's Spinach and Black Plum Salad
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yuzu* or lime juice
- Juice of 1 ripe lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 black plums, firm and not too ripe, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup torn fresh mint leaves
- 6 ounces baby spinach leaves
- Crushed sea salt
1. Combine dressing ingredients in a salad bowl.
2. Just before serving, add salad ingredients, except salt; toss.
3. Sprinkle salt over salad.
*Yuzu is a Japanese citrus fruit. You can buy the juice at amazon.com and some gourmet markets.
Recipe from Tangy Tart Hot & Sweet: A World of Recipes for Every Day by Padma Lakshmi. Available from Weinstein Books, a member of the Perseus Books Group. Copyright 2007.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.