The Best 250-Calorie Dessert Recipes
6 Tips for Healthier BakingBoost the Fiber
- In cakes and cheesecakes: Instead of frosting, icing, or whipped cream, top generously with seasonal fresh fruit.
- In cookies: Add 1/3 cup to 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats and subtract 1/4 cup all-purpose flour.
- In cakes: Replace half of the fat (butter, margarine, or oil) with unsweetened applesauce, then reduce sugar by about a spoonful.
- In cookies: Eliminate a quarter of the sugar and increase vanilla extract by 1/4 teaspoon.
- In cakes: Replace half of the butter or margarine with healthier canola oil.
- In cookies, brownies, and muffins: Replace up to half of the all-purpose flour with whole wheat or buckwheat flour.
Originally published in FITNESS magazine, February 2007.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.