The Best 250-Calorie Dessert Recipes
Nutty Peanut Butter Cookies
Makes: 12 servings, 2 cookies each
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup uncooked old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup natural, unsalted chunky peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg, beaten with 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine flour, oats, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl.
- In a large bowl, blend peanut butter, butter, and vanilla with an electric mixer. Add white and brown sugar, half of the flour mixture, and the beaten egg, blending after each addition. Finish with the remaining flour mixture and pecans.
- Roll dough into 24 balls, about 1 rounded tablespoon each. Arrange balls about 2 inches apart on nonstick baking sheets. Using a fork, flatten dough balls, forming a crosshatch design on the tops.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes in pans, then transfer to racks and cool completely.
Per serving: 250 calories, 5g protein, 26g carbohydrate, 14g fat (4g saturated), 2g fiber.
What do you think of this story? Leave a Comment.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)