Warm Arugula Salad with Corn and Cashews
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sliced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno, with seeds
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 2 cups coarsely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup small broccoli florets, halved
- 1 5 ounce package arugula
- 2/3 cup unsalted roasted cashews
- 1/2 salt
- 4 grated Parmesan
1. In a small bowl, combine sherry and soy sauce.
2. Heat a large wok or skillet over high heat. Add oil, shallots and jalapeno; stirfry 10 seconds or until fragrant. Add corn, pepper and broccoli; stir-fry 2 minutes or until broccoli is bright green.
3. Add arugula, cashews, salt and sherry mixture; stir-fry 1 minute or until arugula is just wilted, almost all the liquid has evaporated and vegetables are tendercrisp. Sprinkle with Parmesan.