- 1 12 ounce whole-wheat pizza crust, such as Boboli
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained well
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella
- 6 medium cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup part-skim ricotta
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
1. 6 servings
2. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place a large heavy baking sheet on the bottom of the oven. Lay the pizza crust on a work surface.
3. Spread the crust with the sauce, followed by the spinach and onion. Sprinkle with the mozzarella and mushrooms. Dollop the ricotta over the pizza and sprinkle with the Parmesan. Drizzle the olive oil all over.
4. Use a thin cutting board or the back of a second baking sheet to carefully transfer the pizza to the preheated baking sheet on the bottom of the oven. Bake until the crust is puffed and beginning to color at the edges and the cheese is melted, 10 minutes. Take the sheet out of the oven and preheat the broiler.
5. Broil the pizza, watching carefully, until the cheese is browned and bubbling, about 2 minutes. Let pizza cool on the sheet for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the balsamic vinegar, slice into wedges, and serve.