Grilled Vegetables Over Barley With Feta and Basil
- cal. (kcal) 448
- Makes: 6 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 45 mins to 1 hr
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 60
Juice of 3 limes
cloves garlic, minced
kosher salt plus additional for seasoning
freshly ground black pepper
extra-virgin olive oil
ears corn broken in half, husks removed
red bell peppers, seeded and quartered
whole button mushrooms
chopped fresh basil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the barley and boil until tender but slightly chewy, 45 minutes to 1 hour; drain.
- In a bowl, whisk together the lime juice, honey, garlic, salt, black pepper and chili powder. Whisk in the oil; reserve 1/3 of the dressing for the barley.
- Brush the ears of corn with dressing. Toss the bell peppers and mushrooms with remaining dressing.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high. Season the vegetables lightly with salt; grill, turning occasionally, until tender and lightly charred, 5 to 7 minutes a side.
- Toss barley with 1 tablespoon of the basil and the reserved dressing. Spoon onto serving plates and top with vegetables. Sprinkle with remaining basil and the feta.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 6
PER SERVING: 448 cal., 22 g total fat (4 g sat. fat), 60 g carb. (10 g fiber), 10 g pro.