- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Asian chili sauce (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1/2 pound green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 14 ounce packages firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup snow peas
1. Dissolve the cornstarch in 2 tablespoons of the water. Stir in the remaining water, soy sauce and chili sauce; set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and ginger; cook, stirring 15 seconds.
3. Add the green beans and red pepper and stir-fry 2 minutes; push them to the perimeter of the skillet.
4. Add the tofu and cook, stirring once or twice, 4 to 5 minutes, until lightly browned. Stir the sauce and pour it into the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add the carrots and snow peas; cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)