- 6 ounces pappardelle noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems removed, caps sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 6 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup chopped scallions
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the pappardelle and cook according to package directions. Before draining noodles, remove 1/4 cup of the cooking water and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, ginger and mushrooms; cook 3 minutes or until mushrooms are somewhat softened. Add the ground turkey and cook, crumbling the meat, about 3 minutes. Mix in the hoisin sauce and cook 3 minutes. Add the carrots; cook 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat and stir in the scallions.
3. Toss the meat mixture with noodles and reserved cooking water; serve.