Tex-Mex Squash Casserole
- cal. (kcal) 101
- Makes: 12 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Start to Finish: 1 hr 30 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 9
summer squash, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced crosswise (about 10 cups)
finely chopped yellow onion
chopped green chiles
4 1/2 -
chopped jalapenos, (about 1/2 cup), drained
salt, or to taste
grated extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, (about 7 ounces), divided
scallions, thinly sliced, for garnish
finely chopped red onion, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine squash, onion, chiles, jalapenos, salt and 3/4 cup cheese in a large bowl. Sprinkle with flour; toss to coat. Spread the mixture in the prepared baking dish and cover with foil.
- Bake the casserole until it is bubbling and the squash is tender, 35 to 45 minutes. Spoon salsa over the casserole and sprinkle with the remaining 1 1/2 cups cheese. Bake, uncovered, until golden and heated through, 20 to 30 minutes. Sprinkle with scallions and red onion.
- Tip: MAKE AHEAD TIP: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days. Reheat, covered, at 350 degrees F for about 40 minutes. Garnish just before serving.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 12
PER SERVING: 101 cal., 5 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 15 mg chol., 217 mg sodium, 9 g carb. (3 g fiber), 5 g pro.