Strawberry, Melon & Avocado Salad
- cal. (kcal) 202
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Start to Finish: 20 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 24
sherry vinegar, or red-wine vinegar
finely chopped fresh mint
freshly ground pepper
small avocado, (4-5 ounces), peeled, pitted and cut into 16 slices
slices cantaloupe, (about 1/2 small cantaloupe), rind removed
hulled strawberries, sliced
sesame seeds, toasted (see Tip)
- Whisk honey, vinegar, mint, pepper and salt in a small bowl.
- Divide spinach among 4 salad plates. Arrange alternating slices of avocado and cantaloupe in a fan on top of the spinach. Top each salad with strawberries, drizzle with dressing and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Tips: Tip: To toast sesame seeds, heat a small dry skillet over low heat. Add sesame seeds and stir constantly until golden and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl and let cool.
- MAKE AHEAD TIP: The dressing will keep, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 202 cal., 8 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 90 mg sodium, 24 g carb. (7 g fiber), 3 g pro.