- cal. (kcal) 203
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Start to Finish: 15 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 40
light brown sugar
grated lemon zest
sliced or diced hulled strawberries
mascarpone, (Italian cream cheese)
- Toast bread in a toaster.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over high heat. Add sugar, lemon zest and lemon juice and cook, stirring, until the sugar melts and the mixture begins to bubble, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Add strawberries and stir until juices begin to exude and the berries are heated through, 30 seconds to 1 minute more.
- Spread 1 tablespoon mascarpone on each piece of toast. Top with the warm berries.
- Tip: MAKE AHEAD TIP: Prepare the sauce (Step 2), cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days or freeze for up to 1 month. To reheat, microwave on High for about 1 minute (defrost first, if necessary).
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 203 cal., 5 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 9 mg chol., 152 mg sodium, 40 g carb. (4 g fiber), 4 g pro.