Sweet Potato Soup
- cal. (kcal) 44
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 7
large sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
fat-free chicken or vegetable broth
vanilla soy milk
pressurized whipped cream
- In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring sweet potatoes and broth to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are very soft.
- Remove from heat. Using an immersion blender, puree in pan until smooth. (Alternatively, puree in a regular blender.)
- Stir soy milk into soup over medium-high heat. Bring just to a boil.
- Serve soup hot in espresso cups or large shot glasses, topped with 1 tablespoon whipped cream.