Sweet Potato Soup
- 1 8 ounce large sweet potato, peeled, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups fat-free chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk
- 10 tablespoons pressurized whipped cream
1. In a medium saucepan over high heat, bring sweet potatoes and broth to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are very soft.
2. Remove from heat. Using an immersion blender, puree in pan until smooth. (Alternatively, puree in a regular blender.)
3. Stir soy milk into soup over medium-high heat. Bring just to a boil.
4. Serve soup hot in espresso cups or large shot glasses, topped with 1 tablespoon whipped cream.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)