Curried Butternut Squash Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
1. Heat oil over medium heat in a 6-quart stockpot. Add onions and saute until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute for 2 minutes more. Add squash, broth, curry powder, and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until squash is tender, 12 to 15 minutes.
2. Remove from heat, stir in honey, and puree with a mixer or in batches in a blender until smooth
3. Ladle into serving bowls and drizzle yogurt over each.