Autumn Harvest Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 14 1/2ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 12 ounce large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 small white potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cups water
- 3 1/2 cups chopped or torn kale (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 pound green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 15 ounce cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 ounces grated or shaved Parmesan
1. In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, basil, thyme, garlic, carrots and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
2. Add the tomatoes, vegetable broth and sweet and white potatoes and the 4 cups of water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in the kale, green beans and white beans and simmer another 15 minutes.
3. Serve topped with the Parmesan.