Autumn Harvest Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 14 1/2ounce cans diced tomatoes
- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 12 ounce large sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 2 small white potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 cups water
- 3 1/2 cups chopped or torn kale (about 8 ounces)
- 1/2 pound green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 15 ounce cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 ounces grated or shaved Parmesan
1. In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, basil, thyme, garlic, carrots and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 7 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
2. Add the tomatoes, vegetable broth and sweet and white potatoes and the 4 cups of water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in the kale, green beans and white beans and simmer another 15 minutes.
3. Serve topped with the Parmesan.
SAVE EVEN MORE! Say "Yes" to Fitness® Magazine today and get a second year for HALF PRICE – 2 full years (20 issues) for just $15. You also get our new Fitness Band and Total Body Express Band Workout ABSOLUTELY FREE! (U.S. orders only)