Simple Sauteed Spinach
- cal. (kcal) 68
- Makes: 2 servings
- Prep: 20 mins
- Start to Finish: 20 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 4
extra-virgin olive oil
cloves garlic, thinly sliced
fresh spinach, (see Note)
crushed red pepper
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until beginning to brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Add spinach and toss to coat. Cover and cook until wilted, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add lemon juice, salt and crushed red pepper. Toss to coat and serve immediately.
- Tips: Note: Baby spinach is immature or young spinach--it's harvested earlier than large-leaved mature spinach. We like the sturdy texture of mature spinach in cooked dishes and serve tender, mild-flavored baby spinach raw or lightly wilted. Baby and mature spinach can be used interchangeably in these recipes (yields may vary slightly); be sure to remove the tough stems from mature spinach before using.
- Weights & Measures:
- 10 ounces trimmed mature spinach=about 10 cups raw
- 10 ounces baby spinach=about 8 cups raw
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 2
PER SERVING: 68 cal., 5 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 172 mg sodium, 4 g carb. (2 g fiber), 3 g pro.