Shrimp Skewers with Parsley Oil
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, including leaves and stems
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- Pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 pinches salt plus more to taste
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
- Pinch cayenne pepper
1. Put the parsley, garlic and black pepper in a blender; add 1/3 cup of the canola oil and 1 pinch of the salt and puree until completely smooth. Transfer parsley oil to a small bowl and reserve.
2. In a medium bowl, toss together the shrimp, remaining canola oil and cayenne pepper and 1 pinch of the salt; store in the refrigerator until ready to cook.
3. Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat; add the shrimp and the canola oil mixture. Cook, tossing frequently, until shrimp is just pink, about 2 to 3 minutes. Season with salt. Skewer 2 to 3 shrimps onto each of 12 small skewers and drizzle with reserved parsley oil. Serve at room temperature with the remaining dressing.