Shrimp & Plum Kebabs
- cal. (kcal) 194
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 35 mins
- Start to Finish: 35 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 5
canola oil, or toasted sesame oil
chopped fresh cilantro
freshly grated lime zest
raw shrimp, (8-12 per pound), peeled and deveined
jalapeno peppers, stemmed, seeded and quartered lengthwise
plums, pitted and cut into sixths
- Whisk oil, cilantro, lime zest, lime juice and salt in a large bowl. Set aside 3 tablespoons of the mixture in a small bowl to use as dressing. Add shrimp, jalapenos and plums to the remaining marinade; toss to coat.
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Make 4 kebabs, alternating shrimp, jalapenos and plums evenly among four 10-inch skewers. (Discard the marinade.) Grill the kebabs, turning once, until the shrimp are cooked through, about 8 minutes total. Drizzle with the reserved dressing.
- Tip: Equipment: Four 10-inch skewers
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 194 cal., 8 g total fat (1 g sat. fat), 221 mg chol., 446 mg sodium, 5 g carb. (1 g fiber), 24 g pro.