Salmon Cakes with Creamy Ginger-Sesame Sauce
- cal. (kcal) 372
- Makes: 6 servings
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 23
whole wheat sandwich bread
cans salmon, drained, skin and bones removed
eggs, lightly beaten
canned water chestnuts, finely chopped
cilantro, finely chopped
freshly ground black pepper
olive oil, divided
Creamy Ginger-Sesame Sauce (see recipe below)
- Remove crusts from bread, break into pieces, and process in a food processor until they become fine crumbs.
- In a large bowl, flake apart salmon with a fork. Add eggs and mix well. Finely chop 4 scallions and add to the bowl, followed by water chestnuts, cilantro, pepper, and bread crumbs. Mix well.
- Shape the mixture into 12 patties. In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil over medium heat. Add the patties in batches and cook for 5 minutes on each side.
- Chop remaining scallion. Serve salmon cakes with sauce and garnish with scallion.
Creamy Ginger-Sesame Sauce
nonfat plain yogurt or 6 tablespoons nonfat Greek-style yogurt
- 1 1/2
- If using regular yogurt, place it in a strainer lined with a paper towel. Put the strainer over a bowl and place it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to let the yogurt drain and thickened. In a small bowl, combine the thickened or Greek-style yogurt with mayonnaise, ginger, sesame oil, and soy sauce. Whisk until smooth.
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 6
PER SERVING: 372 cal., 19 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 23 g carb. (3 g fiber), 26 g pro.