Flank Steak Sandwich With Creamy Blue Cheese Sauce
Serving size: 1 sandwich View Nutrition Facts
- 1 1 pound flank steak, trimmed of any excess fat
- 2 teaspoons Worcester sauce
- 2 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 1/2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 5 tablespoons light sour cream
- 4 small hoagie rolls
- 8 big leaves arugula
- cooking spray
1. Place steak in a shallow dish and coat each side evenly with the Worcester sauce and salt and pepper. Cover, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
2. Heat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat with cooking spray and grill marinated steak about 8 minutes on each side (medium rare) or until steak has achieved desired state of doneness. Remove steak to a cutting board, cover loosely with foil and let sit 10 minutes before slicing.Sauce
3. In a saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the blue cheese, mayonnaise and sour cream. Stir until melted and smooth, about 6 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, cut each of the four hoagie rolls horizontally and place 2 leaves of arugula into each one. Slice steak against the grain into very thin slices. Put 1/4 of slices into each sandwich and top with 1/4 of the cheese mixture. Serve warm.
- These sandwiches are delicious right off the grill or at room temperature