Flank Steak Sandwich With Creamy Blue Cheese Sauce
- cal. (kcal) 479
- Makes: 4 servings
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
flank steak, trimmed of any excess fat
blue cheese, crumbled
light sour cream
small hoagie rolls
big leaves arugula
- Steak Place steak in a shallow dish and coat each side evenly with the Worcester sauce and salt and pepper. Cover, and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Heat grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat with cooking spray and grill marinated steak about 8 minutes on each side (medium rare) or until steak has achieved desired state of doneness. Remove steak to a cutting board, cover loosely with foil and let sit 10 minutes before slicing.
- Sauce In a saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the blue cheese, mayonnaise and sour cream. Stir until melted and smooth, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut each of the four hoagie rolls horizontally and place 2 leaves of arugula into each one. Slice steak against the grain into very thin slices. Put 1/4 of slices into each sandwich and top with 1/4 of the cheese mixture. Serve warm.
- These sandwiches are delicious right off the grill or at room temperature
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 479 cal., 19 g total fat