Grilled Red Pepper Salad
- 4 medium red bell peppers, seeded and sliced lengthwise into six pieces
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt plus additional to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper plus additional to taste
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
1. 1. Toss the bell peppers with 2 tablespoons oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
2. 2. Heat the grill to medium high. Place bell peppers skin side down on grill. Close the cover and cook 2 to 3 minutes a side, until lightly charred and tender. Let cool and slice into 1/4-inch strips.
3. 3. In a large bowl, toss bell peppers with the capers, onion and parsley. Pour the vinegar and remaining oil over the salad and toss gently. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature.