Prosciutto-Wrapped Scallops with Spinach
- cal. (kcal) 239
- Makes: 4 servings
- Prep: 30 mins
- Start to Finish: 30 mins
- Carb Grams Per Serving: 6
large dry sea scallops, (about 1 pound; see Note)
very thinly sliced prosciutto, (about 3 slices), cut into 12 long strips
extra-virgin olive oil
freshly grated lemon zest
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Pat scallops dry and sprinkle both sides with lemon pepper. Wrap 1 piece of prosciutto around each scallop. Thread 3 scallops crosswise onto each skewer (securing the prosciutto to the scallop) and place on the prepared baking sheet. Broil until just cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Reserve 1 tablespoon vinaigrette in a small bowl.
- Place spinach in a colander and rinse under cold water. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add handfuls of spinach (with water still clinging to it) to the pan and cook, stirring, until just wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain the spinach and add to the medium bowl; toss to coat with the vinaigrette. Divide the spinach among 4 plates and top each portion with 3 scallops. Drizzle the scallops with the reserved vinaigrette.
- Tips: Note: Be sure to buy "dry" sea scallops (scallops that have not been treated with sodium tripolyphosphate, or STP). Scallops that have been treated with STP ("wet" scallops) have been subjected to a chemical bath and are not only mushy and less flavorful, but will not brown properly.
- MAKE AHEAD TIP: Equipment: Four 10-inch metal or bamboo skewers
Nutrition InformationServings Per Recipe: 4
PER SERVING: 239 cal., 14 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 47 mg chol., 620 mg sodium, 6 g carb. (2 g fiber), 23 g pro.