Seared Pork Chops With Orange-Chipotle Glaze
- 4 medium Yukon Gold potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into 2-inch chunks
- 5 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle chilies in adobo sauce with 1 teaspoon sauce
- 4 4 ounces boneless pork loin chops
1. Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan and fill with water until just covered. Set pan over high heat and bring to a boil. Boil 10 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain, return potatoes to pan, add 3 teaspoons of the oil and mash until just chunky. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the orange marmalade, cilantro and chipotle chilies with adobo sauce. Set aside.
3. Heat remaining oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season both sides of the pork chops with salt and black pepper to taste; add to pan. Cook 1 to 2 minutes per side or until golden brown. Remove pork from pan; set aside.
4. Add orange marmalade mixture to the pan. Simmer, stirring frequently, 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture thickens and reduces slightly.
5. Return pork chops to pan and cook 1 minute or until tender but still slightly pink in the middle. Spoon glaze over the pork and serve with smashed potatoes.